Zip Tie Depot
Cable Ties & Zip Ties for All Applications
Supply Plaza offers high quality, high strength nylon cable ties in a variety of sizes and styles. Also known as zip ties, cable ties are the easiest and fastest way to bundle wires, cables, or anything else you need to keep neat and organized.
We stock a huge inventory of cable ties, with styles, sizes, and tensile strengths to meet the needs of any application. Our cable tie options include:
- Reusable cable ties
- Light-duty zip ties
- Heavy-duty zip ties
- UV-resistant cable ties
- Brightly colored cable ties
- and more!
See individual product listings for additional information and specifications.
View our selection of cable ties below to find the right option for your needs and to place an order. Contact Supply Plaza to learn more about our zip tie and cable tie products.
We offer same-day shipping on all zip tie orders placed before 3 PM Eastern time.
How Cable Ties Work
Most nylon cable ties are manufactured with closely-spaced, locking teeth that allow for fine adjustment of the cable tie’s tightness. In general, cable ties are intended as “permanent,” single-use devices—once installed and pulled tight, they can only be removed by cutting or otherwise breaking them. However, certain styles, such as beaded zip ties and releasable zip ties, feature specialized designs that allow them to be removed without being cut. These removable cable ties can be reused multiple times.
Because they contain no metal parts, zip ties are ideal for use with electronic wires and components.
Zip Tie Options
Supply Plaza stocks a large variety of nylon zip ties to suit your application. Finding the right cable ties for your needs depends on a few key factors. When selecting zip ties, please keep the following in mind:
- Style: All cable ties use the same basic design: teeth that enter into a ratcheting mechanism which allows the cable tie loop to get smaller, but not larger. Beyond that, however, there are numerous different styles of zip ties, such as identification ties, which incorporate tags that can be labeled; ladder zip ties; beaded zip ties; and even reusable zip ties which can be released from their closed state and reused.
- Size: The length of your cable tie will determine how large a bundle can be secured. Most cable ties can easily be linked together to extend their length.
- Strength: Tensile strength is the maximum amount of outward force the cable tie loop can withstand before the tie unlocks or breaks. See below for more information on cable tie tensile strength.
Zip Tie Tensile Strength
Tensile strength is perhaps the most important factor to consider when selecting cable ties for your application. If the tensile strength is too low, the cable tie will break under the strain; the only real drawback to using a cable tie with higher tensile strength than is needed is the cost—stronger cable ties generally cost more.
Supply Plaza offer zip ties in a broad range of tensile strength ratings:
- Miniature cable ties: 18 lbs.
- Intermediate cable ties: 40 lbs.
- Standard cable ties: 50 lbs.
- Heavy duty cable ties: 120 lbs.
- Extra heavy duty cable ties: 175 lbs.
About Cable Ties
Cable ties were invented in 1958 to bundle airplane wires together into cable trees. Since that time, the unique versatility of zip ties has made them similar to duct tape: a simple household item with almost limitless uses. Every workshop or janitor's closet worth its salt has a stock of cable ties ready to tackle any situation that requires a simple, effortless way to hold items together.
Order Zip Ties Today
Follow the links above to find the right cable ties for your application. Place your order today—we offer same-day shipping on orders received before 3PM Eastern time.
Contact Supply Plaza for more information on zip ties or any of our products.